Research in VCC lab is concerned with Vision, Cognition, and Consciousness. The long-term goal of our research is to understand how we process and experience a complex and rich visual world. One of the current foci of research is to understand the mechanism of ensemble perception and the interaction between ensemble perception and focused attention. We think that both ensemble perception and focused attention are necessary and complementary strategies for coping with our limited capacity. Another focus is to investigate how ensemble representation is utilized in category learning. We test normal participants as well as patients, using psychophysics, eye tracking, and ERP.
November 1, 2012
● Two new papers, 'Effects of Subtle Stimulus Strength on the Attentional Blink' and 'Accurate but pathological: Social anxiety and ensemble coding of emotion', are accepted for publication in Perception and Cognitive Therapy and Research respectively.
September 8, 2020
● A great news to start the new semester! "Quality of average representation can be enhanced by refined individual items," is accepted for publication in Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics. Congratulations, Jihong! This paper will appear in a special issue of ensemble perception.
March 29, 2016
● Our new paper, "Visual Statistical Learning of Temporal Structures at Different Hierarchical Levels," is accepted for publication in Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics. Congratulations, Jihyang!!
February 21, 2023
● Two in a row! Our new paper, "Similarity-based clustering of multifeature objects in visual working memory," is accepted for publication in Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics. Congratulations Gaeun!!!
February 17, 2023
● What a great news! Our new paper, "A population response model of ensemble perception," is accepted for publication in Psychological Review. Congratulations Jeunghwan!!!
November 9th, 2022
● Our new paper, "The relationship between ensemble representations of facial information," is accepted for publication in Vision Research.